Phylohackathon 1/Planning Steps
This is a (possibly growing) list of steps to be completed or considered in the planning of the hackathon. We will collect results here too.
Develop Driving Use Cases
- Add to and evolve use-cases
- Add use-cases that do not center on molecular evolution
Added several such use-cases resulting from a Sep 25 brainstorming meeting among NESCent resident scientists. Brian Sidlauskas added another one in November.
Subgroup and participants determination
- Research participants
- Gauge interest from respective developer communities
- Reach out to research programmers outside of the project developer communities
- Decide on length (4 days? 5 days?)
- Get open dates from prospective participants
Length (5 days) and time (Dec 11-15) have been set meanwhile.
- Determine IT resources that will be needed
- obvious: network, power, projector, screen, electrical plug adapters
- code repository: subversion? cvs?
- mailing list? (aside from wg-phyloinformatics)
- wiki? (aside from this one)
- IT logistics in advance
- branching needed prior to hackathon for certain projects?
- Managed by/through NESCent: Travel, accommodation, catering
Information has been sent out to participants, hotel is reserved.
- Reserve conference rooms and meeting space
Back seminar area and possible break-out spaces have been reserved.