R PopGen Hackathon
The event aims to target the following broad objectives. Participants will identify specific objectives and coding targets prior to and during the event.
- A common base class for efficient storage of genetic data.
- Increase interoperability between the many population genetics-related packages.
- Improve scalability for big data among population genetics packages.
All code and documentation from the hackathon will be made available immediately and freely to the community under an open-source (OSI-approved) license.
Participation will be arranged through an open Call for Participation.
- Thibaut Jombart, Hilmar Lapp, Stéphanie Manel, Emmanuel Paradis, Bastian Pfeifer, Greg Warnes
- Vince Carey, a core developer of Bioconductor, has agreed to serve in an advisory role during the planning phase of the event.
The hackathon is slated to take place March 16-20, 2015 at NESCent in Durham, North Carolina.
Detailed planning steps are outlined and documented separately. In particular, the following activities are taking place: