R Hackathon 1/Teleconferences
1st Teleconference 11/16/2007
- Welcome, review of purpose and general objectives (TJV)
- Outline of planning schedule ahead (HL)
- Priorities and subgroups so far identified (SK, BCO)
- Preparations (HL)
- Documentation & testing (SP, SK)
- R vignette writing - who has experience, and would be willing to help train the users? Examples to draw from?
- Collection of data for testing and validation
- Source code repository (or repositories) (HL)
- Survey of current source code repository and versioning setup for participating packages
- Assessing need for help with publicly accessible repository
- Assessing need(s) for NESCent-run repository
- Code branching needs
- Other source code-related preparation needs
- IT logistics (HL)
- Computers - will we need loaners?
- Network access - will anyone need wired network?
- File share needs
- Other homework?
- Q & A