R Hackathon 1/Planning Steps
- Assemble participants through invitation and open calls for participation
- Arrange travel and accommodation logistics
IT resources & setup
- Supporting software & resources
- Mailing list Done (wg-rhack1, all participants subscribed.
- Source code repository
- Dedicated repository on Google Code or Sourceforge?
- Help needed by participating packages needed to move to cvs or svn?
- Do participating packages need to branch prior to hackathon?
- svn repository on NESCent server needed?
- File share
- Loaners needed?
- Wired network needed?
- More wireless access points needed?
- Power strips
- Projector, screen, whiteboards, flip charts
Preparing for the event
- Achieve consensus list of prioritized goals
- Develop agenda
- Determine preliminary subgroups
- Items to be prepared by participants
- Lightning or other presentations
- Bootcamps - which ones are needed?
- Documentation & testing
- Determine prior reading (R Vignette HowTo?), training, and setup needed
- Collect data sets for testing/validation